Whether you’re at Ovation Sienna Hills in St. George, Utah or Ovation Heartwood Preserve in Omaha, Nebraska, you’ll never lack things to do and great places to eat. Both cities are exciting and filled with entertainment opportunities.
St. George, UT Points of Interest
Billed as Utah’s first interactive desert garden, the 5-acre Red Hills Desert Garden is home to more than 5,000 water-efficient plants as well as a 1,150-foot stream containing dozens of native and endangered fish species. There’s also a replica slot canyon where prehistoric dinosaur tracks were found on the site. If you enjoy beautiful desert scenery, the Red Hills Garden Center will be one stop you’ll definitely want to make.
Looking for natural beauty and activities for every age and ability level? Pioneer Park is a great destination. Just north of St. George, the more than 50-acres of pristine desert is filled with walking and hiking trails, rock climbing opportunities and gorgeous views.
The famed St. George Utah Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is a uniquely beautiful white-washed structure in central St. George. It was completed in 1877 and is notable for being the first of the church’s temples built in Utah following the community’s migration west. It is the oldest LDS temple still in use by the church.
The St. George area was a hotbed of Native American activity for centuries prior to European settlers arriving in the area. The petroglyphs found throughout the St. George region attests to these first Americans and their way of life. Petroglyph Park in particular is easily accessible for people with limited mobility.
- Miller’s @ Washington has a family-style setting that highlights the small resort town feel Ovation Sienna Hills exudes. Try new foods and enjoy old favorites expertly prepared by a friendly, accommodating staff dedicated to making your experience a great one.
- Ovation Sienna Hills residents and their guests looking for a quick bite to eat can visit Bees Knees Bistro by Ovation. The welcoming lounge-style setting and great sandwiches at this hip little restaurant exemplify the unique touches that set Ovation by Avamere properties apart from other independent living communities.
- Ovation Sienna Hills residents seeking the best in fine dining can visit 1861. The restaurant’s masterful chefs craft delectable dishes using the highest quality locally sourced produce and meats.
- Goods + Supply by Ovation is there for any little food or drink needs you may have. This convenience store on the Ovation Sienna Hills premises is the ultimate convenience for residents who want to pick up snacks or stock up on necessitates close to home.
- If you’re looking for an old-fashioned billiards room experience, nothing beats a visit to Cassidy’s, located on the Ovation Sienna Hills property.
- Emma’s tearoom is also a great place to connect with your neighbors while enjoying the caffeinated or caffeine-free beverage of your choice, along with great finger foods.
- For a touch of class and elegance make sure to visit our rooftop 360 Social Club, the perfect location for barbecue and mingling with your neighbors.
St. George, UT Restaurants of Note
The Painted Pony is one of St. George’s many fine cuisine restaurants specializing in contemporary seasonal food as well as casual dining. Located in the Tower Building at Ancestor Square in Historic Downtown St. George, this restaurant has delectable options ranging from duck and lamb to steak and ahi tuna.
Cliffside Restaurant has been voted Best of State by diners every year since 2016, is a Best of Southern Utah Gold and Silver Medal winner and has been awarded a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence. Diners who visit Cliffside Restaurant are given a beautiful view of the St. George area while they enjoy a diverse menu of seafood, pasta and American fare like fried chicken, ribs and burgers. The restaurant has a great dinner, lunch and dessert menu, as well as an early bird menu.
Omaha, NE Points of interest
Omaha residents are lucky to have access to Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium, rated the world’s best zoo in 2014 by TripAdvisor. Initially established in 1894, the zoo is particularly renowned for having the largest cat enclosure in North America, the largest nocturnal exhibit and indoor swamp, one of the largest indoor rainforests in the world and one of the world’s largest indoor deserts surrounded by the world’s largest glazed geodesic dome. If you’re an animal lover, it’s safe to say you could spend countless days absorbing this astonishing zoo and aquarium.
Are you a western history buff? The Durham Museum contains an exhaustive collection of artifacts and historical pieces relating to the early days of the Union Pacific railroad and train technology, as well as all types of artifacts from the 19th century U.S. West. The museum contains coins and paper currency, priceless historical documents, political memorabilia, wagons, street cars, recreations of workers’ cottages and turn of the 20th century grocery stores – more stuff than can be easily listed here. If you have even a passing interest in U.S. history the Durham Museum is worth a visit.
This botanical center describes itself as an “urban oasis of beauty and tranquility” – that may be an understatement. This ever-expanding botanical center features streams, pools and even waterfalls intertwined throughout rose gardens, woodlands, a replica of the Sunpu Castle Gate and Mt. Fuji, an English perennial border and a tree peony garden. There’s a lot to unpack at Lauritzen Gardens, but one thing is for sure – you’ll be impressed.
Fans of baseball can catch great NCAA Division I games at TD Ameritrade Park. This unique baseball park also hosts the College World Series, which has been held annually in Omaha since 1950.
- In the mood for great comfort food prepared for and served by friendly staff without having to leave the community premises? Miller’s @ Omaha provides an exceptional diner experience close to home.
- If you’re looking for a great sandwich served in a stress-free lounge setting, you can’t go wrong with Bees Knees Bistro by Ovation at Ovation Heartwood Preserve. The bistro is a great place to mingle with your neighbors while enjoying a satisfying bite to eat.
- Ovation Heartwood Preserve residents in the mood for fine dining or those who want to treat guests to an unbeatable culinary experience can trust 1863 to provide a flavorful journey for the taste buds. The renowned chefs at our on-site luxury dining restaurant use ingredients from local farmers and ranchers to cook up the freshest meals possible.
- The Quik Pik by Ovation is the ultimate convenience if you’re looking for snacks or beverages without having to drive to an offsite convenience store.
- If you want to grab a coffee or some great finger foods while you chat with neighbors, the Two Sisters tearoom is conveniently located within the Ovation Heartwood Preserve community.
- Ovation Heartwood Grove residents who want to get to know their neighbors and enjoy some world-famous Omaha barbecue will want to visit the 360 Social Club, our onsite rooftop bar.
Omaha, NE Restaurants of Note
In a classically elegant yet unique building at the corner of Howard St. and 18th St. you’ll find a little café that has gained a well-earned reputation as one of the best fine-dining experiences in Omaha. The Flatiron Café offers New American cuisine with a modern flare using local meats and produce and the highest quality ingredients.
Most people equate fine dining with bank-account breaking prices, but you’ll be pleasantly surprised when you look at Wave Bistro’s menu. Enjoy delicious Asian-inspired beef, seafood and chicken served up by an ACF-certified executive chef at this highly rated Omaha restaurant.
Whether You’re in Omaha or St. George, You Can Safely Expect the Best
One of our goals at every Ovation by Avamere community is to keep our residents and their guests endlessly entertained. Having great attractions to visit and some of the country’s best cuisine nearby helps us succeed in that mission. Both St. George, Utah and Omaha, Nebraska boast not only exceptional natural beauty but also fantastic museums, stadiums, theaters, gardens, zoos and so much more. Whether you live at Ovation Sienna Hills in St. George or Ovation Heartwood Preserve in Omaha, you can rest assured boredom is one problem you’ll never experience.
Schedule a visit to Ovation Sienna Hills in St. George, Utah by calling 435.429.0000 or Ovation Heartwood Preserve in Omaha, Nebraska by calling 402.999.7900.