Independent senior living and active retirement communities are terms that can be used interchangeably to describe communities where seniors and retirees can live entirely independent lives in what amounts to a high-end condo complex or gated community. Assisted living communities are more like traditional retirement homes where there are lots of staff and nurses around to provide more in-depth care, assistance with daily living and to respond to emergencies.
The main thing that makes independent senior living or an active retirement community different from simply owning your own home or condo is the community, convenience and the ability to age in place. Ovation by Avamere communities are active retirement communities, but we also have onsite assisted living and memory care so residents can benefit from a seamless, worry-free transition when it becomes necessary.
- At an active retirement community, like an Ovation by Avamere community, residents don’t need to worry about cleaning the house or doing yardwork. Every residence – which is luxuriously appointed with quartz countertops, stainless steel appliances, fireplaces, sensor lighting and high-end fixtures – is cleaned by our housekeeping staff on a weekly basis.
- When something breaks, whether it’s a plumbing issue or a broken microwave, our maintenance team will fix it. No need to schedule appointments with contractors or repair people. Residents never have to worry about the hassle of having to replace a roof or have a new HVAC system installed.
- Some studies suggest more than 40 percent of seniors suffer from loneliness. Active retirement communities, such as Ovation by Avamere, combat senior loneliness thanks to their community atmospheres and residents’ close proximity to fellow members of their peer group.
There’s nothing standard about Ovation by Avamere communities, and the benefits go far beyond what most people associate with independent senior living communities. In addition to outings and scheduled transportation, our residents also have access to:
- Several onsite restaurants and shopping options
- Movie theater
- Social clubs in elegant, bar-like atmospheres
- Cutting-edge fitness centers with senior-friendly equipment
- Easy-to-use smart home-automation technology
A Level of Care That Changes with You
Having the opportunity to age in place can be a real blessing for active seniors. If the day comes when you need additional care, you and your family won’t have to worry about finding a new community with the capabilities to provide the higher level of assistance you need.
Ovation by Avamere has full-service assisted living and memory care onsite, making the transition seamless for residents. Assisted living and memory care residents get the same community and amenity benefits but also receive assistance with daily living and medication as well as physical, speech and occupational therapy if needed.
Our concierge services also help with the logistical aspects of getting the care you need, like making appointments, arranging transportation and shopping.
Ovation encourages and helps residents stay independent as long as possible, but additional care is always available whenever it does become needed, including:
- Home Health Skilled Nursing
- Home Care Assistance
- Hospice Support
Our communities also feature Ovation Connections™ Memory Care, a comprehensive approach to deterring memory loss through engagement and the creation of connections for use as focal points and communication tools. Some of those connections include:
- Music Connections
- Aroma Connections
- Pet Connections
- Art Connections
- Tactile Connections
- Spiritual Connections
Discover the Ovation Difference
Spas, valet service, movie theaters and a diverse array of onsite restaurants aren’t usually amenities people associate with retirement communities, but Ovation by Avamere does things a bit differently. In addition to traditional, luxurious independent living residences, Ovation Sienna Hills will take independence and luxury a step further with beautiful Villas ranging in size from 1,280 square feet to 1,316 square feet.
We’ve pulled out all the stops to create an active retirement independent living experience that refutes all the negative stereotypes commonly associated with retirement communities. You can find out how we’ve done it firsthand by calling Ovation Heartwood Preserve in Omaha, NE at 402.999.7900 or Ovation Sienna Hills in St. George, UT at 435.429.0000.
We’d love the opportunity to help you discover the lifestyle potential retirement can offer.