Memory Care in St. George
Located within the Ovation Sienna Hills community is Ovation ConnectionsTM Memory Care, which delivers safe, secure and compassionate care to enable residents to thrive, enjoy day-to-day living, stimulate their mental and physical focus, and encourage socialization.
Our staff of experts are specially trained in Alzheimer’s and dementia to offer the best possible care through connections to those with memory impairments. Caring professionals work with recall to create connections. These connections are then used as focal points and communication tools.
- Aroma Connections
- Pet Connections
- Art Connections
- Tactile Connections
- Spiritual Connections
We create individualized care plans for every resident, working closely with family members to focus on resident-centered care. Residents enjoy a stimulating environment with combined support services to monitor residents’ health and medication administration.
- Emergency Services
- Physical Therapy
- Medication Assistance
- Meal Planning
- Assistance with Daily Living (bathing, dressing, eating, hygiene, mobility)
- Weekly Housekeeping and Bed Making
- Schedule Transportation
- Programming Through Ovation ConnectionsTM Memory Care
Memory Care Services in St. George
As conditions like dementia and Alzheimer’s disease progress, people begin to need help completing their daily routines. A trained team of professionals assist residents with the parts of their day – including bathing, dressing, eating and toileting – that they may need help with. We understand and respect the importance of independence, so we aim to offer just the right amount of help for each resident. We reassess continually to ensure we offer the appropriate level of support.
In addition, we believe in a holistic wellness model. At Ovation, we find that the more residents are stimulated by hobbies, programs and visits, the happier and more engaged they are. Cognitive stimulation, social interactions, physical activity and medical support are vital aspects of life in the community.
Services for memory care in St. George include:
- Help with daily activities: As needed, we assist residents in bathing, dressing, enjoying nourishing meals and exercising to maintain strength
- Active community calendar: Residents can explore hobbies like art and music, and they enjoy plenty of opportunities for social interaction and group activities
- Time to relax: The beautiful grounds are ideal for walks and enjoying nature, and activities like pet therapy visits offer fun stress relievers
- Fun, with purpose: A carefully curated roster of activities, like games and crafts, strengthen cognitive function
- Medical support: Certified staff dispenses medications, conducts wellness checks and monitors each residents’ progress
- Safety: Security is on-site 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and each residence has a smart technology emergency response system.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Memory Care Facility?
The term “memory care facility” is an outdated one. We now refer to these as “memory care communities” to more accurately describe their comfortable, homelike environment. These communities provide intensive, specialized care for those living with Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia. Although there's an emphasis on safety, security and support, residents can flourish with a range of programs and activities that provide cognitive stimulation and social engagement.
Does Medicare Cover Memory Care Communities?
If your family member is a Medicare beneficiary, Medicare will pay for some healthcare costs, but not any housing costs. You can get broader coverage with a Medigap supplement policy or if you have Medicaid.
Medicare Part D helps pay for most standard Alzheimer’s medications. Medicare Supplemental Insurance can cover a wider range of medications and co-pays.
Standard Medicare covers up to 100 days of skilled nursing care, usually following a hospital visit. During late-stage Alzheimer’s, Medicare will pay for additional services, with the greatest coverage provided by a Medigap plan. Medicare has an all-inclusive hospice benefit that covers care in a skilled nursing facility for those with less than six months to live.